Skip to main content
You have the right to:
- be treated with respect
- friendly and courteous service
- a safe, clean and comfortable environment in which to wait and prepare for travel.
You are responsible for:
- respecting other peoples' rights
- your own good behaviour
- reporting if you see anyone damaging a bus or the Transport Centre
- paying the correct fare
- showing valid ID to qualify for a discounted fare
- following any reasonable instructions from the driver and/or any city or regional council representative and/or any security or NZ Police officer
- using the Transport Centre only for catching a bus or meting an arriving passenger from a bus.
This means that on the bus and at the Transport Centre you will not:
- threaten, bully or harass other people
- swear or use bad language
- eat, drink, smoke, vap or put your feet up on seats on the bus
- play loud music- use headphones instead
- spit or litter
- tag, graffiti or damage anything
- consume alcohol
- loiter or 'hang around' or skateboard at the Transport Centre.
If you do not comply with this Code of Conduct it may result in prosecution and/or removal of your right to use the bus and/or the Transport Centre.