Effective Monday 20 January, 2020
We're making a number of changes to the 22 Morrinsville Paeroa service - providing more trips throughout the day.
There are both route and timetable changes to the current service - please check before you travel in the new year.
- More weekday services to Morrinsville and Te Aroha:
- An additional return trip in the day through to Te Aroha
- A later evening service from Hamilton to Morrinsville
- Changes to the Morrinsville Assist morning service to Hamilton schools
- Route and timetable changes to take place for most trips
- Departure times to and from Paeroa are unchanged
Travelling from Morrinsville or Paeroa, the key changes are:
- Within Hamilton the bus will no longer travel via Naylor Street or Grey Street. It will now travel via Cambridge Road, Knighton Road and Clyde Street.
- The 7.45am bus leaving Morrinsville will now leave from Lorne Street. This bus will travel through to the Hamilton Transport Centre via Ruakura Road, Knighton Road and Clyde Street.
-- Hamilton Boys’ High students – please use the stops on Clyde Street.
-- Berkley Intermediate students - please use the 7.30 am service leaving Morrinsville and use the stops on State Highway 26 coming into Hillcrest.
-- University students – please use the stops on Knighton Road, outside Gate 2.
- The morning service from Morrinsville to Hamilton will now start in Te Aroha at 10am, travelling through Morrinsville at 10.25am, arriving at the Transport Centre at 11.10am.
- There’s also another new service from Te Aroha at 3.15pm, travelling through Morrinsville at 3.40pm and arriving at the Hamilton Transport Centre at 4.25pm.
- The 4.30pm service from Morrinsville to Hamilton will still run, but the arrival time into Hamilton is now more realistic – listed at 5.25pm.
Travelling from Hamilton, the key changes are:
- The first morning service from Hamilton will now leave at 8.45am, and travel through to Te Aroha, arriving at Morrinsville at 9.30am and Te Aroha at 9.55am.
- The afternoon service will now leave the Transport Centre at 2.00pm, arriving in Morrinsville at 2.45pm and carries onto Te Aroha arriving at 3.10pm.
- There’s a new 3.30pm service that travels from Hamilton to Morrinsville only.
- There’s an additional later service between Hamilton and Morrinsville – leaving the Transport Centre at 5.50pm, arriving in Morrinsville at 6.45pm. This service will travel via Knighton Road for the University and Ruakura Road.
Weekend and public holiday services:
There’s still three return trips between Morrinsville and Hamilton on weekends and public holidays – times have changed slightly.
If you have any queries about the service changes please email us – firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0800 205 305 or come and see the BUSIT team inside the Transport Centre.
Affected bus routes: